Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone struggling to find your running mojo, let me share with you my experience I had this morning....

I am a fairly typical runner I think. I started to improve my fitness, I don't train with a particular schedule in mind but run because I have found I enjoy it and have built up my miles until I do around 15-20 a week at a consistant but not fast pace.

Today, around mile 7 of a 13.1 mile run I passed a gentlemen running the other way. In all aspects there was nothing remarkable, slightly advanced in years, tracksuit, woolly hat, trainers and crutches. Thats right crutches! This gentleman gave me the cheeriest Good morning I heard all morning.

Now I called him a runner, but to be honest his pace was about what you would imagine, however in his head I have no doubt that he was running just as I was and at that moment we both could have won the London Marathon.

The point of this ramble. I am grateful that my legs ache, because they can and anyone can be a runner! It is not about how fast or far, it is about your state of mind. So get out there and enjoy whatever you are capable of.

Happy running :idea:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Cool... go that man :)

I know what you mean though... I never lose my running mojo now, never suffer with CBA syndrome... not since I was off for so long with an injury that still plagues me now and then.

I'm constantly grateful that I can still run

That reminds me... I've had news about the injury (I never call it 'my injury' anymore because it doesn't belong to me ;) )
I'll drag up my old thread about it....

·
Registered
376 Posts
I love that tale, Hrun. Er, just one thing; what exactly is a mojo? I grew up with them being small fruity chewy sweets!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nope! Ok, I guess that went over my head! There are obviously wide gaps in my social education...

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mojo has been around for a long time and relates to a charm. It appears in numerous songs, although most people know it from Austin Powers where as Trin said it kinda means motivation or drive.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ok, I'm with it now. And you'll be pleased to know your mojoing has just inspired me to blast out for a run and smash my personal best! Nice one!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Don't know how I missed this thread but its fantastic, you know what you mean about not being the fastest runner out there but at that time and place you feel you could win any race you enter (as long as you were the only person entering :) ). Good on the fella for going out with his crutches! Thats going to build his upper body strength up as well I would imagine.

Great post Hrun!

O.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts