Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out last night with a friend who was visiting and totally over did it on the booze. Ended up in a club till 3am drinking what an Australian girl we were with called "c**k sucking cowboy", which is baileys, schnapps and butterskotch. On top of all the beer, I felt very ropey this morning. Wasn't planning to go for a run today but it was so sunny this morning I forced myself out. Was only going to do a gentle 3 or 4 miles, but ended up doing a nice 8.2 mile run. There were butterflies in the air and it totally cured my hangover. I feel friggin wonderful :) If I hadn't gone for a run I'm sure I'd be sitting on the sofa all day feeling sorry for myself. Anyway, I'm now going to treat myself to some bacon, sausages and scrambled eggs. I think I deserve it :)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I drank dandelion and burdock last night and felt like shit on my run! Where's the justice?! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I'm not too good at running with a hangover but I've sweated off the hangover in the gym before.

That was a good effort JB, hope you enjoyed your breakfast!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not too good at running with a hangover but I've sweated off the hangover in the gym before.

That was a good effort JB, hope you enjoyed your breakfast!
Yes. Breakfast was magnificent. I've been hungry all day though. Might have to have early dinner :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Not fair, I was at a posh bar for birthday cocktails with a friend. Had to do my 12 mile run today so drank (very expensive) non-alcoholic cocktails all evening, felt like crap on my run. Should have got drunk like you;)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
PMSL @ Richard ..... :lol:

May try drinking now to improve the running technique.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Drinkin and running isnt always the best combo!!:(:(
Although on new years eve we always have a party till about 3am(ish) with a rule staing we have to run at 10am no matter how we feel!! It can get a bit messy!:sick: But we definately feel bette afterwards!:d
(And you dont feel so guilty avin a big fry up!)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
That sounds like fun couch. Especially as I haven't drunk on New Years for some years now. I got fed up of starting the year feeling pants so I always drive and we go somewhere nice.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I had a mild hangover on Sunday but felt really dehydrated. I should have run 10 miles but only managed 7.64 (the .64 is very important). Next time I think I'll do my long run on the morning of the night I'm goingout rather than the next day.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Not fair, I was at a posh bar for birthday cocktails with a friend. Had to do my 12 mile run today so drank (very expensive) non-alcoholic cocktails all evening, felt like crap on my run. Should have got drunk like you;)
Would have been all the sugar, and possibly any caffeine that may have been in the soft drinks. The two of these will often lead to a far worse "hangover" that drinking alcohol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haha! Just read this and had to comment...
I foolishly managed to consume 2.5 bottles of wine and 2 tia marias at a family party, the day before my 22-mile marathon training run (am a smallish female bear in mind). OK, it was spread over the day and accompanied by a hell of a lot of food, and I got a decent amount of sleep...but still - silly.

However, drank a massive amount of water in the morning, forced myself to go out and finished in fine form (well, knackered, but not unexpectedly!)

If a gal can run 22 miles after that, she can run 26 sans booze no problemo! Or so I'm telling myself 1 week before marathon day...eeeek!

·
Registered
1 Posts
lol

I used to run on hangovers at uni. REALLY bad idea. Think it's because of the body being dehydrated, and running does the same thing. All the leftovers of the hangover get tossed about as well. :S A mate of mine used to have these hangover patches and they really did work though! He used to order them from the net in 'semester sized' packs!: patch-me-in.co.uk. I don't drink enough to warrant them though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts