Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just updated my webpage: www.marathonmum.com with information about the book and the cover. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be showing up yet, but I hope it will shortly...

I am also delighted to announce the winner of my Top Tunes To Run To competition. By an overwhelming margin it had to be the person who sent me: Highway to Hell!

I hereby announce my second competition, to either tell me the thing you saw on the marathon that you don't see on TV, or the funniest thing you've seen when out running.
Mine has to be meeting several fat Spanish senoras swimming fully clothed at 7am when out on a run in Spain. The path I was running on disappeared and I had to jump in the water and wade past them...

I hope that I will have copies of the book in the next three weeks, and will keep you posted...

best wishes
Julia aka Marathon Mumx

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well, I thank you. I got some strang looks muttering the lyrics at mile 20 of FLM (actually hitting The Highway), but it worked for me! What's the prize?

Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on the highway to hell

No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round
Hey Satan, payin' my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey Momma, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land

(Don't stop me)

And I'm going down, all the way down

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK - then email me your addy at [email protected] and I'll send you a copy, when Ihave it - with luck in about three weeks time.

I would print the lyrics on my website as they're so good, but I'd be liable for huge amounts of permissions fees, so I won't!

You did make me laugh....
MMx

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Julia. Received the book today. Looking forward to reading it this week-end - and hopefully it will inspire Mrs Greg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts