Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seam to suffer from chaff'ing on my inner thighs. :embarrassed:

typically i wear just my shorts as i find that wearing cotton pants underneath adds to the sweating.

ive tried various creams etc and whilst they work up to an hour they seam pretty useless over that...after the last 10mile i did, i ended up with bleeding inner thighs... it wasnt fun.

my question is what sorts of things do you blokes reccomend for under shorts?
ive been looking at things like skins etc but they seam very expensive. are they worth it?

thanks

Pete

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Lots of Vaseline Pete.

Works for me..................

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Pete... I used to suffer with exactly the same, and frankly I found wearing any kind of under-garment with running shorts (those with lining) to be quite uncomfortable!

Long runs were a nightmare, but I started using vaseline - and not even a huge amount - but i've not suffered with the same problem since. I was always dubious of using vaseline for fear of it's greaseyness ruining my shorts, but a thin layer rubbed onto the skin, not clumps of the stuff, was plenty to end my woes :)

In the summer I found sweat in the area tended to heighten the problem, so I also tend to use a bit of talc to help matters further ;)

***Note to Bairy - see I told you we could do with a Men's specific section :p ***

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dosnt the talc and vaseline make an iccy mess??

ahh well time to try the vaseline then

thanks all

*wonders off to buy a jumbo tub of vaseline...*

·
Registered
131 Posts
i had such bad problems with this issue that i even considered giving up running at one point. then i discovered the wonders of vaseline and i haven't had a single problem since, even over long runs.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Change the shorts. I have some that chafe and others that are fine. Most are ok for 5k and only two pairs are any good for more than 6k.

If your trainers hurt you would try a different make. Think of the shorts on the same way.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Last time I bought a big tub of vaseline the bloke behind the counter slipped his telephone number in me bag along with the receipt ! :sick:

Just joking of course - I aint used it myself but think I will after so many recommendations - I tend to just run through it and then prepare for the sting when you get into the shower after the run!
Anyone else have similar problems with the old nips? When I done a 10-mile run in a white t-shirt, thanks to a mixture of sweat and rain later on I finished the run with 2 lovely red blood circles on my t-shirt. I assume some vaseline would help with that? unlike my sister on Sunday who presented me with a pair of pink nipple tassles out of Anne Summers :evil:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahh.. the old nip issue...tape is my defence of choice.. the sort of tape in the chemists sell to stick bandages

just becareful if u got a hairy chest though

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I think I must just be lucky. I've never had chaffing. I wear a pair of boxer shorts and some Ron Hill classics, and I'm always fine with that. The only place vaseline goes is on my nipples.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think I must just be lucky. I've never had chaffing. I wear a pair of boxer shorts and some Ron Hill classics, and I'm always fine with that. The only place vaseline goes is on my nipples.
Agreed, I've always used More Mile shorts and never had the slightest problem, a little on the nips is all I use.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Well you're probably thin enough to not have thighs that rub together :p

Vaseline works equally well on nipples, I rarely used to suffer, but when I did it bloody hurt!! again, only a small amount needed, not big clumps of the stuff (which would probably stain your T-shirt) :)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Lol i am just imagining a trail of talc trailing behind you ....... :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts