Runners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Could someone please tell me if it would be ok to wear salewa speed beat gtx shoes for running? I plan on mostly running on pavement, but would like to be able to use them for places other than concrete. Thank you.
Shoe Outdoor shoe Walking shoe Grey Sportswear

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd never heard of Salewa but looking at a review Salewa Speed Beat GTX Review 2022, Facts, Deals (£75) it appears that they're a 'speed hiking' shoe. So I would guess that they have at least some cushioning, but haven't been designed specifically for running.

Have you tried running in them? If you have and feel comfortable then that's a good start; but long term you might be taking a bit more of a risk of getting injured than you would in a decent pair of running shoes. What sort of mileage are you thinking of doing, and at what sort of pace?

Those chunky soles look great for muddy trails but might wear down quite quickly on concrete.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd never heard of Salewa but looking at a review Salewa Speed Beat GTX Review 2022, Facts, Deals (£75) it appears that they're a 'speed hiking' shoe. So I would guess that they have at least some cushioning, but haven't been designed specifically for running.

Have you tried running in them? If you have and feel comfortable then that's a good start; but long term you might be taking a bit more of a risk of getting injured than you would in a decent pair of running shoes. What sort of mileage are you thinking of doing, and at what sort of pace?

Those chunky soles look great for muddy trails but might wear down quite quickly on concrete.
Thank you for the reply.
Since I needed to start, I went ahead and got some actual running shoes. I had never used these shoes before, but wanted to know if they would be good for running since I could use them for other types of activity’s. I am currently working up to 3 miles distance from the start, as I have never ran before. Then once I can do 3 miles, I will work on getting to a time of 18ish minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts