Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in March in Cambridgeshire, does anyone know of a good shoe shop in the surrounding area for me to get some decent running shoes??

Many Thanks

Tug,

:d :d

·
Registered
172 Posts
There's a place in Northampton called The Running Shop (I wonder what they sell) not ever so near but not too far if you drive. I can't remember the address but you should be able to find it on the net/directory enquiries etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There's a "Sweatshop" in Cambridge

Next Generation Club
21/25 Coldhams Lane
Business Park, Norman Way
Cambridge
CB1 3LH

Tel: 01223 415345
Fax: 01223 249587

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hobbs of Cambridge
Advance Performance in Cambridge

Have you heard of Google? It's great for finding things on the internet!

Only joking. The above shops are excellent as is Sweatshop, Cambridge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GOOGLE????? Whats that :d I live in March mate, most people around here have never left the town let alone used a computer :d:d:d Cheers for the help guys, Im running up to 8 miles a day plus biking, weights and then whatever else takes my fancie :d:d thought it best to get a decnt pair of shoes!!! Didnt fancie going into Sports Soccer and having one of them help me out lol

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Lol, I worked at JJB during my final year at uni. I tried to implement my knowledge of running shoes as best I could but the rest of the staff hadn't got a clue and didn't seem to care either. :mad:

Surprisingly though I'd say the majority of customers buying running shoes would choose to ignore my advice on types of shoe and buy purely on colour and style!! :eek: Including having to advise customers that they really are looking at the wrong shoes e.g. casual 'sporty' looking shoes with NO cushioning for running & using running shoes for playing squash!? Argh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts