Runners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm 15 and am currently racing triathlon in Spain. The distances are usually the "super-sprint" category which is 400m swim - 10km bike and 2 or 3 km run on asphalt. I've been running for the past years with some short-distance decathlon shoes and I would like to get an upgrade. I've tried my friend's nike shoes and felt like I was flying. My coach also told me that shoes can significantly increase my pace. I've decided to buy some nike shoes and need some help. What I really want is short distance shoes that would fit my distances and that would be fast in short distance transitions, where every single second counts. My coach told be to buy either Flyknit (but apparently they are not sold anymore), either Next % (but they are too expensive) or either Pegasus 37-38 (which focus more on daily training than races). I currently have a budget of maximum 150€ (128£). My running race pace is planned to be 3:30min/km.

Please help me find the shoes that would fit me most,

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flyknit would of been previously advised because slipping on and no socks makes your transition easier for sure.
Something with a flexible upper and carbon or nylon plated, I’d personally try something along the lines of Nike Zoom Fly 3 if still available, Saucony Endorphin Speed, something from ASICS new speed stuff, metaracer and the other models

1 - 2 of 2 Posts