Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting fed up of beasties, rain, dust, crap and glare getting into my eyes.

Does anyone use them orcan recommend any. Once wore my safety specs from work on a run as the hail was coming head on and without them would have been impossible but found they bounced too much and slipped down for everyday running use.

All and any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Prescription or Normal?

I wear my glasses when I run, they have sprung arms which hold them fine. I would however like some prescription sports sunglasses so I can look like the cool sportsman instead of the speccy loser at the back of the pack (flashback of school there,sorry)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I wear contact lenses when I run. I never wear sunglasses. When I see sportsmen wear sunglasses, or runners with their shades on, I just think "dick". Sorry if I offend anyone, especially those with medical conditions that require eye protection.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Cant wear contacts
Can't see without glasses
Suffer badly in sun glare (to the extent I drive in sunglasses when it is overcast but bright)

I am a dick, but I want to be a stylish one

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I am too am one of those dicks that wears running glasses, got them off of wiggle.co.uk for £25.

They stop pesky bugs in the eyes for a start, any rogue twigs sticking out of bushes, plus the glare of the sun. :cool:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I am too am one of those dicks that wears running glasses, got them off of wiggle.co.uk for £25.

They stop pesky bugs in the eyes for a start, any rogue twigs sticking out of bushes, plus the glare of the sun. :cool:

Oh, I'm sure you look lovely in your sunglasses ;) I certainly wouldn't put you in the "dick" category.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
That is sexual discrimination. I am gonna sue :p
I'm sure you look lovely in your glasses too Hrun ;) I will revise my original statement and say "men who wear sunglasses and expose their bare torso when running look like dicks". Now you don't do that Hrun, or do you? ;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
LOL Hrun.

JB your quite right with the bare torso ha ha :d

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I'm half way to being a "dick" then...I Just don't have the abs, but one day, with just a few more crunches, I like to think that I will have the option of being a complete "dick".

If you don't wear shades, I hope you don't end up being the "dick" that wishes he did.:cool:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
haha... I have to congratulate JBB on having the guts to come out with such a ballsy statement, but in all honesty, nine times out of ten I'd have to agree!!! :eek:

I don't know what it is, but you see some people (and not just blokes without a top on) running along in their shades with an air of confidence about their stride and I can't help but think they look like cocks :lol: Now this isn't everyone by any means... some people run along in shades and it looks perfectly natural, but some people just look - I dunno! Impossible to explain... I suppose it's similar to when you see someone driving a fancy car and you think "what a prick!", but you don't always think it when you see someone in a nice car... :rolleyes:

If I find the sun is intense I just squint a little, I can't say I've ever felt the need to wear shades to protect me from twigs/branches etc - I tend to see them coming! :huh: I guess I don't fly as often as you though eh twinks? ;) Flies/bugs are always a risk but I'm yet to get one in my eye :p *touches wood*

·
Registered
6,493 Posts

I concur 100% :cool:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
If I find the sun is intense I just squint a little, I can't say I've ever felt the need to wear shades to protect me from twigs/branches etc - I tend to see them coming! :huh: I guess I don't fly as often as you though eh twinks? ;) Flies/bugs are always a risk but I'm yet to get one in my eye :p *touches wood*[/QUOTE]

If and when it does happen it will throw you right of your run, I get it a lot must have really BIG EYES :happy:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
don't get that problem :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
lol, weird that - never had a fly in my eye but often get them in me gob! Perhaps I should learn to keep my mouth shut a little more? :embarrassed:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts