Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a running watch.

My only ask is that it has a virtual racer function i.e. I can race against my previous performance on the the same run (I'm training for a half marathon and want to see how I'm improving on some repeated 5km, 7km, 10km etc runs).

I'm prepared to pay up to about £200 for a watch.

I'm finding it hard to work out exactly which watches by each manufacturer have such a function.

I think that all the Garmin watches that have this function cost much more than £200, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought that I had found my answer in the TomTom Runner 3, but it seems that TomTom have stopped making running watches.

Do Polar or any other running watch manufacturer offer such a function?

I'd really value your help on this one.

Thanks in advance.

·
4,242 Posts
The Garmin forerunner 35 certainly has the virtual partner function and Currys have them at less than £100 I believe. I recently upgraded my 35 to a 235 and I don't think the 235 has this function.
I would avoid TomTom I had one a couple of years ago and the screen was defective within 6 months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve

Looking at the manual for the Forerunner 35 on the Garmin website it appears only to have the virtual pacer function i.e. you set a pace and it alerts you if you are going faster or slower than this pace.

Does it definitely have a virtual racer i.e. I can race against my previous performance on the same course?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Garmin 305 has virtual runner. It will tell you at any pint you are 50m behind or 100m in front ETC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts