Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a lot of trouble with my flat feet . After looking into arch support insoles i bought a pair from boots. but still didnt do any running i wanted my feet to get use to them. so after a few months I ran with my dog a couple of days ago and was suprised that my legs felt ok just a few niggles.
so my question is for first time runners. How do your shins feel while you are running? I mean do you not feel them at all or do you have a little niggles as you run? I guess im looking for reasurance that its normal to feel at least something while running.
thanks

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Hi,
It's certainly normal to feel something whilst running...I've always got some niggle or other...you just need to be aware of anything unusual for you.

Shins can be very painful ...overuse, ie too much running too soon is often the cause.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is fairly common for beginners shins to get a little tightness or tenderness when running. This can become worse if you increase the distance or frequency to quickly. Icing them after your runs can help.

A good arch support is very important if you have flat feet. Flat feet can lead to plantar fasciitis which can be very painful and difficult to treat successfully.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i never botherd with arch support and over time i begain to suffer from shin splints. But since the arch supports my legs feel a lot better
thats why i asked about achs and pains if it was normal as i a little concerned

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've suffered with shin splints and even with arch support I still get niggles and pains most times at the start of a run tho' most of them disappear soon after I start.

·
Registered
48 Posts
this is probably a stupid question but why does flat feet required arch support? surely its high archs that need support? again apologies if this is a stupid question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts