Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My running suffers a little on days i do body weight workouts there only 15 minutes long in the morning 3 times a week but on those days my running is always harder and a minute or 2 slower. Should i stop the body weight workouts to benifit my running or do i just need more food. There is always atleast 4-5 hours in between the bodyweight workouts and the running.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found that if I consume additional carbohydrates and hydrate well on weight/running days my runs did not suffer much. I think it is wise to slow the pace a bit and keep it to a resonable distance

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
if i'm doing weights & running on the same day i usually run first.... or use the run as a warm up to the strength work.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I'd suggest moving the bodyweight exercises to non-running days. That way, you can give each workout your full effort, without affecting the other workouts.

I had started swimming on a Sunday night after my long run on Sunday morning, but eventually gave it up as I was also knackered - even with a snooze in between sessions.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Well yesterday I did a 60min gym session before lunch...cross trainer and bike only, no weights....and felt terrible last night resulting in me having to pull my plan run short.

As running is the main thing for me perhaps it would be better to do the second form of exercise...whatever that may be...after the run next time.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Is the fact that your runs are a minute or two slower after weight training a problem? Personally I wouldn't worry that they're slower, for a start you know exactly why they are slower, and just because they take a tiny bit longer it doesn't mean they're not helping you improve!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me today i went to the gym done a hard work out on the weights and then had a rest went for a run and on my god i could not believe how bad i felt bad stitches felt out of shape could not get in to the zone about 15 minutes i decided just to run back to my house and do half of what i normaly would run.

I was going to post asking the same question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts