Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone see this article on MSN last week

a few people bought it to my attention- I am beginning to get paranoid now!

whoops cant post the URl as I havent made enough posts!

anyway it was an article by bbc last week which was saying quote

' Some 9.5 million British women could be irreversibly damaging their busts by exercising without a proper sports bra, the Portsmouth University team said.

They found breasts moved in a 3D figure of eight and that uncontrolled movement strained fragile tissues and ligaments.

The study suggested as a woman runs a mile, her breasts bounced 135m.

made me laugh thinking about how the scientists would have measured it!!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
sadly I don't have too much to keep under control...

However, Rich has offered to hold them for me while I run

...and no, they aren't detachable :rolleyes:

·
Registered
813 Posts
I wonder what gravity does to a wobbly stomach? does it end up slapping on your knees after a few years of running unsupported?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I have also read that you should buy 3 new sports bras for every new pair of trainers.

Does anybody know more about this?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
It's Ok, I have heard the same advcie and have more than enough ............. but thanks for the concern :p :eek:

·
Registered
506 Posts
imagine my disappointment when I read the title of this thread and clicked on it eagerly thinking it was an offer:d

·
Registered
813 Posts
twinkle toes said:
I have also read that you should buy 3 new sports bras for every new pair of trainers.

The Shock Absorber ones are between £24 and £28, buy three, my god it would cost a fortune everytime! if men had to wear them, they would be cheaper!:d

·
Registered
159 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Lol, knowing a few people from Portsmouth University I can't help but chuckle thinking about the kind of 'clinical study' they'd have undertaken :rolleyes:
Ha ha. me too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well my sports bra is so snug it's like armous casing and believe me NOTHING moves!!lol!!!

Just to cheer you up even further I have also read that running after a certain age will just drag your face down and make you look older than you are....I guess at 43 I'm that age...oh well...at least I'll have a fit body even if I look like an old hag!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts