Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owz it goin folks? I'm two days into my broken leg, with approx six weeks to go and I'm losing it already! I really need to run!:(
I never normally get time to look on the internet, so when I spotted this forum it raised me spirits!
Have you all had a good run today!!!!:':)(:)sick:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Football for me today Ken... though not so great since our keeper went off to A&E with a snapped finger :sick: we lost another player too because he had to drive him there!...we were 2nd in the league as well! :mad:

Welcome to the forum btw...! have a browse around, plenty for you to read in your time off!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers! I got hit by a car on sat night unfortunately. Tried chasing it down the road, running a bit like the huntch back of notre dam!!:lol:
Was the sun shining out there?:(

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi CP

Welcome to RF, sorry to hear about your leg that cast really will get in the way of your running for a while ;)

I love Cornwall I have seen most of it and eaten mostly my body weight in pasties, cream teas and cornish beer and not forgetting ice cream either plus many other great places to eat, I sound like a right pig :p

Before your accident how much running was you doing?

TT

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Football for me today Ken... though not so great since our keeper went off to A&E with a snapped finger :sick:
I did this once! Was in net and landed on my left hand, spiral fracture through both knuckles on my ring finger - was all bent to one side :sick:

Hope your keeper makes a quick recovery ;)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Cheers! I got hit by a car on sat night unfortunately. Tried chasing it down the road, running a bit like the huntch back of notre dam!!:lol:
Was the sun shining out there?:(
Really sorry to hear about this Ken - pretty brutal! I hope you get well soon - keep us posted...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hellooo there Couch...

Ouch broken leg, i did that to my left leg on a bouncy castle.... know how you feel

Just programme in Jeremy Kyle :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the support folks!:)
Twas a semi-drunken night out, Marathon Fool! Me mate and I decided we'd had enough and went for a taxi home, thats when I got hit! We got the number plate and it's all in the hands of the police.
Thats one of the reasons I run Twinkle Toes, to burn off all the great cornish food I eat!!:d
Trouble is I've stopped running now, but at he moment my food intake has stayed the same as before the accident!:worried: Unfortunately that was a lot as I was training hard for the Cornish marathon in november! I can feel the pounds piling on right now!!:worried:
I haven't gone insane enough to watch Jeremy Kyle (YET!), Leece, I am watching re-runs of the Simpsons at the moment!! What was quite ironic was saturday night when I was waiting in casualty, they had the Olympic mens marathon playing on the tv!!:rolleyes:
I think I would have rather watched Jeremy Kyle at that point!!
Anyway back to the couch! Oh...... I'm already on it!:wacko:
Cheers

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
To keep yourself occupied why not start a 118 118 thread.

People can ask you anything and you will find the answer. Should keep you busy googling for a bit :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Worse thing was, I had just bought some 'cheesy chips' with chilli sauce, which were goin down a treat, but in my anger I chucked them at the car:mad: Not even bloomin close!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts