Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s a real challenge…after all of the moaning in yesterday’s highly entertaining “What cheeses you off” thread, can we have a “what makes you happy” thread today?:d

I’ll start

Erm…:huh:

Back later when I’ve thought of something.

GrumpySteve ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Simple Dog's and in particular my lovely Belgian Shepherd Riley. Rescued four times in 8 months, before we had him. He's 9 years old soon and never has anyone "sold" something to me with a more true description. Our dog warden in Bedford, Coral, said "John, He'll melt your heart". He did and he does still, countless times daily

·
Registered
55 Posts
Slowsteve said:
Here’s a real challenge…after all of the moaning in yesterday’s highly entertaining “What cheeses you off” thread, can we have a “what makes you happy” thread today?:d

I’ll start

Erm…:huh:

Back later when I’ve thought of something.

GrumpySteve ;)
I missed the what cheeses you off thread. Pity as everyone knows. The true Cockernee is born within the sound of Bow Bells. Thus, the true Brummie is born within the sound of somebody moaning:rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
jammidodgr said:
I've actually had Beer made using chocolate in a whetherspoons last month, it wasn't nice at all! not two things tghat should be mixed!
We are starting to get sidetracked. I agree with you on this one. Mind you, remember Wetherspoons sell beer cheap because they buy it just as it's on the turn, so perhaps we ought to try again. What do you think, because if you have enough, you wont care.
Bear

·
Registered
56 Posts
When my son says "Tuddle Mummy" or "Tiss Mummy" and most other things about him.

He's only two, it won't last ;)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
being given a chance to redeem yourself.:embarrassed::d

My wife:d

the start of spring when trees blossom.( reminds me of my childhood somehow).

when you shout encouragement to a marathon runner as they're flagging at 23 miles and you can see it's given them a lift.

the fact that I've actually realised that I can be a right captious, miserable B.:eek:

listening to old people telling you their life story.

knowing that money alone isn't the key to a happy life.

·
Registered
835 Posts
dimple said:
This nice sunny weather we're having makes me happy. Having plenty money would too:d
Money never buys happiness and happily, never will. Whereas sunshine and smiles are all free!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Tortoise said:
When my son says "Tuddle Mummy" or "Tiss Mummy" and most other things about him.

He's only two, it won't last ;)
My youngest announced to Granny the other day that Grandad is widdling in the kitchen, she went on to say that Daddy widdles in the kitchen too. When Granny asked her to explain she said 'I can widdle too, Look...' and she then pouted her lips and tried to blow!

Granny was very relieved (well not literally!)

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
jammidodgr said:
Think i might have to give that a try ped, getting up is a bit of a problem for me tho.....
Yeah I know it can be hard, but I've been doing it for years. Was out the door by 4-50am this morning.:rolleyes:
I still tend to get up early, even if I'm injured, because I know how difficult it is to get used to waking up at that time.;)
In the summer, it's often the best part of the day.:d

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
1. My mum's home cooking.
2. Going to see my favourite bands in concert.
3. Having a good training session, either a run or in the gym.
4. Going to my Saturday morning guitar lesson - a fun way to start the weekend.
5. Payday - it gives me the means to pay for the things I enjoy (see 2 and 4 above).

·
Registered
76 Posts
My girlfriend saying I'm sure you'll win, even though I know that I haven't got a hope in hell of running a sub 30 minute 10k YET!

When I'm out on my roller skis and instead of getting pelted with abuse and stones I over hear kids saying that's cool and I want a pair of them for my birthday.

When I have a good training session.
Running in the Brecon Beacons, on a nice warm day, being absolutely dwarfed by nature and realising this is why I run.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts