Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
I hated running, especially cross-country. We were made to do it for punishment by Miss Lockheart, an ex army physical training teacher. I can only remember the pain!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I used to enjoy all sports at school, Netball, Hockey, Rounders, Cross Country and all the field sports.

I very rarely pulled any flankers to get out of sports, shame it took me to get to my 30's to start running....

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I enjoyed everything....except gymnastics which I hated with a passion.
I was never very good at athletics..no change there then!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I was a 'chubby' child so hated all sport at school, always last to be picked in team games and only tolerated cross country because in those days it was actually cross country and not just running around the school grounds.

I didn't mind it only because once i was out of sight of the teachers I would stop and have a smoke with a few other misguided fun seekers

·
Registered
26 Posts
I loved running - sprints and cross country. Used to cross country club in lunch hours at primary school etc.

But dreaded athletics like javelin, disc etc. Im only little so I looked a right plonker and could only throw the shot so it just missed my toes!!:embarrassed:
So rest of class used to have right giggle at how useless I was!

Also loved cricket and football (not in school! girls did hockey etc!). But played on evening and weekends with rest of neighbours.

Loved running but athletics was a nightmare!

Prahalady

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I hated all sports I was a bit of a girlie swat and was always the last to be picked for any sporting activity as I was rubbish.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Afraid I was the keen one who played everything and never missed a PE lesson, except once when I forgot my kit. The teacher knew how gutted I was so let me off detention. How sad???

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
CRICKET...What a complete waste of my time.

Gotta to be one of the most boring sports ever invented.

Anything else I really enjoyed.Even If I was crap at it!:p

·
Registered
334 Posts
Didn't like sport, avoided it as much as possible although I did play netball on the rare occassion but wasn't very good. I would never have considered running EVER! now I LOVE IT

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Cricket !!! - best game ever invented, only game to play in the dry, problem at most schools is that only the few 'good ones' get to bat and bowl and everyone else has too field

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Granty said:
Cricket !!! - best game ever invented, only game to play in the dry, problem at most schools is that only the few 'good ones' get to bat and bowl and everyone else has too field

Sorry Granty, Boring to watch, listen to and play, not very exciting at all....

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Granty said:
Some people just don't understand do they Granty....and it's the best game in the world when the Aussies are walloped as they were last night by the Kiwis!!:d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steve said:
Some people just don't understand do they Granty....and it's the best game in the world when the Aussies are walloped as they were last night by the Kiwis!!:d

Ah ha but you could say that about any sport as long as they are walloped....

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
You're right Steve, nothing comes close in sporting terms like beating the Aussie's in their own back yard at cricket :d

TT - Frankly I'm shocked at that declaration :p - What about 20/20, that is good fun to watch.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Granty said:
You're right Steve, nothing comes close in sporting terms like beating the Aussie's in their own back yard at cricket :d

TT - Frankly I'm shocked at that declaration :p - What about 20/20, that is good fun to watch.

Sorry Granty would rather pluck all my feathers out..... :eek:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts