Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been wanting to get a good road bike but very poor at the moment. some one said the had an old bike that needed sorting up and I could have it for free. I was expecting some ols rusting bsa or Raleigh but it turns out to be one of these Halfords Carerra alloy framed thingies. it may be an entry level bike to some people but it looks shit hot to me! got some bits missing so should be able to sort it out.
is this a good bike to start on?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Any bike is better than no bike! How much stuff has it got missing? Will it need much work doing to it?
I started out cycling on a £400 Giant defy 4 and couldn't recommend a better bike to start out on.
But considering it's free i'd say that so long as it doesn't need a huge amount of work done to it and it's in good shape, go for it. If you get the cycling bug you'll end up wanting to upgrade after a year or so anyway!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any bike is better than no bike! How much stuff has it got missing? Will it need much work doing to it?
I started out cycling on a £400 Giant defy 4 and couldn't recommend a better bike to start out on.
But considering it's free i'd say that so long as it doesn't need a huge amount of work done to it and it's in good shape, go for it. If you get the cycling bug you'll end up wanting to upgrade after a year or so anyway!
just needs cables and chain and the rear gear changing thingy that I cant spell the name of. and a good clean!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Isnt it dee-ray-lee-yur ? ?????????? Ha ha ha

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whatever it is- I need one! + a chain..

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
double at front, 7 or eight at the back, too dark to count now. think it was eight.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bum :( I have a box of bike bits, but nothing that would suit.
thanks anyway. had a look on ebay etc, got some very expensive ones and some that are quite reasonable. got the bike for free so don't mind spending some money on it. (when I get some!!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts