Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI FOLKS

Had my second run yesterday...ran for 25 minutes and clocked up 2.5 miles...don't know if thats good or bad...my husband who does not run outside (on the treadmill in the gym) thinks thats quite slow!!!!! is it? also when you all talk about MPW do you mean miles or minutes?

·
Registered
123 Posts
MPW is miles per week.

That's exactly 10 minutes per mile, which is about 10kmph.

As to whether its slow, its relative to who you are, how much you run etc. If its your second run outside its not that bad.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hi Nellie.

I wouldn`t worry about your speed too much.I`ve been running for 18 months and used to try and run faster all the time.I`ve now settled for running 10k in around 50 minutes which isn`t to much different to your speed now.I try to run about 25 MPW if i can just
to keep in some sort of shape.
Or maybe your younger than my 45 years and more competetive.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
You are better off building your endurance i.e. time spent on your feet before worrying about speed. However that was a very good effort for your second run.

Running on a treadmill is completely different from running on the road.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dave

Thanks for that...by the way i'm 42 (not that much younger) and i'm definately not competetive...just reached that certain age where i want to do something to keep myself fit and healthy.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Nellie, same with me , I turned 43 last week and have only been running since May. I am gradually building up and only yesterday managed to run non-stop for 30 mins so to run for 25 sounds great so soon. Just be careful not to overdo it.
Lorraine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Begginers

Dear Nellie for your second run thats very good most people on the street can't run 200 metres without stopping. I have been a middle & long diastance running coach for 15 years now and i encourage you to enjoy your running & enjoy your improvement, if you enjoy your running keep it that way. I have seen so many runners become so intence and get worse dont do that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts