Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any body explain why someone would wan't to run a half marathon or any race apart from say a polar expedition in a wooly hat /bobble/beany and why your head doesn't catch fire .I just dont get it !:confused:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm with you on this, tried wearing a hat a couple of times when it's been cold but I tend to over heat very quickly.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Granty said:
I'm with you on this, tried wearing a hat a couple of times when it's been cold but I tend to over heat very quickly.
Me too! I only wear a hat when watching footie.

In fact I get soooooo cold while watching, I've stopped going. I blame my slow resting heart rate (yes, being fit does appear to have a drawback, but one I'm prepared to put up with!)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I can't wear hats either when I run ... far to hot! I think you'd find me in a little heap by the wayside if I tried! :d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
No hat for me.

It`s hard enough not overheating without one......... heat.gif sunny.gif

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
i almost always wear a cap when running, i have several but almost always wear the first one i got.

if its properly cold i quite often wear a hat for the first few miles and take it off when ive warmed up. on longer runs i sometimes find myself putting it back on again in the latter stages.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Saw lots of hats on the ground on the way round reading Half, but how Elvis managed to keep his 'rubber' wig on for 13 miles I will never know, he must have been cooking alive!:d

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Bagpuss said:
Saw lots of hats on the ground on the way round reading Half, but how Elvis managed to keep his 'rubber' wig on for 13 miles I will never know, he must have been cooking alive!:d
It may have been no wig BP !! ;):eek:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Well I must be trhe exception to the rule....I can't bear cold ears ...down to suffering bad ear infections as a nipper...so I wear a hat...normally my Mr Bump woolly hat...and if I get too hot take it off for a bit and then put it back on a few mins later. Wore it throughout my 20mile plus run Sunday.

Don't wear a hat during races though.......wouldn't want to look silly....haha

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
You're not on your own Steve I wear one too, not all the time but I will if I need too.:confused:

A

·
0 Posts
I wear a Helly Hansen moisture wicking hat if it's freezing cold. Otherwise I wear a cap or a buff to control my floppy hair. It amazes me the number of over dressed runners you see when it's shorts and vest weather!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I've run some pretty cold races... and take it from me, hats were essential!

There was one particular marathon in Leicester one year where I didn't even take off the plastic bin liner until about 6 miles into the race, even though I was wearing longs, base layer, long sleeves, hat, gloves and a buff around my neck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Steve said:
so I wear a hat...normally my Mr Bump woolly hat...

Don't wear a hat during races though.......wouldn't want to look silly....haha

I cannot believe you are man enough to admit to wearing a Mr Bump hat then say you would look silly during a race, I take you don't look silly the rest of the time??

men huh!!!

Would love to see a pic of you wearing it!!

The Minx

1 - 20 of 33 Posts