Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I was beginning to feel like I could run further and faster than I have for ages disaster strikes !! I was doing my normal 5 mile circuit last night, and around the 4 mile mark I had a really sharp pain in my Calf. I managed to limp home from there with the calf getting tighter all the time.

I applied ICE straight away but this morning I notice that where the pain is on the calf I have a red rash there as well, is this as a result of placing the ice last night ? - or something else ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
calf strain

Most ptobably a slight ice burn. give me a call on 01229 480 422 at the clinic ask for dave and i will advise you what to do. if the calf keeps tightenig up there is old scar tissue an old injury that whenever you stretch the paticular area in the muscle the soft tissue around the area contracts and sends the muscle inti a contractive state in other words it shortens an does not want to stretch go and book an appointment with a god remedial sports therapit or a good sports physio

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ice is excellent or alternate cold and hot packs, but if you put an ice pack directly on your skin, then you will get an ice burn, try a teatowel or something betwwen ice pack and skin.

Lyn.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep - that is exactly what it was, an ice burn, did not even know you could get such a thing, learn something newday !!

Will certainly try a teatowel approach next time

Thanks.

·
Registered
813 Posts
i'm gonna keep quiet here....just for a change.
Just had a bag of chocolate buttons, thats helped my sore calf!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Oh well, that's that theory out of the window.
I have just had an offer of a meal out and a bottle of wine with my sister, do I stay late at work? or do i risk a headache in the morning? or do I offer to drive?....big dilema

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
A highly trained athelete would do none of the above, but instead drag her sister out for a 10 mile run before the weekend.

I assume that is what you decided to do eh ?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Granty said:
A highly trained athelete would do now of the above, but instead drag her sister out for a 10 mile run before the weekend.

I assume that is what you decided to do eh ?? :rolleyes:
Well actually no!....sister got a bad knee, so wine and food it is...oh dear!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts