Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm worried I may be getting a shin splint - my left shin has been aching for a few days now...

has anyone any stretches that can help?... thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
cheers

edit: it really hurts when i do these stretches so it's probably not a good idea to do them now, i'll give them a try after a run...

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
cheers

edit: it really hurts when i do these stretches so it's probably not a good idea to do them now, i'll give them a try after a run...
apparently getting the ice out and rub some cubes up and down ur shins will help recovery

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice... shin actually better but have other pains also and have not been in great shape recently... i should probably rest but i'm battling on... i think my recent problems are caused by worn out shoes... i should get new shoes, i've only had them just over two months but i think they've reached the end of their life... hard to tell if it's this... not sure what to do... the shoes are expensive - cost me ~70 quid - so i'm not going to do it again if they arent going to last three months !!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i think it all depends on the sort of running you do and the distance as to how often they wear out, also how you dry/ clean them after
i think they should be changed every 500miles or 6months anyway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts