Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After about an hour or so running, I sometimes start to shiver and feel 'cold' even though I may be running in hot weather! Can someone advise as to why this may happen?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hi. I get that on longer runs. It's like a rush that starts at the back of my legs and then consumes my whole body. It makes me feel cold, but at the same time quite senstational!

I've read it could be something to do with the body running out of energy, or something like that and producing endorphins as a result, but i think the jury is out on the real reason.

Maybe it's that?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Michael, what kind of gear are you running in? I used to get shivers when I wore cotton t-shirts that used to hold the water from the sweat against my body. It seemed to stop when I started wearing proper running gear. Just thought I'd ask:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good points here. Firstly as posted by Itokuzu, it could be something to do with the body running out of energy as I don't really like to consume any liquid whilst running as it doesn't sit well when continuing to exercise. Therefore the longer I run for the more energy my body needs so it could be that.

Rob, you make a valid point too as I tend to have several different types of material regarding my running gear and I do have a lot of cotton t-shirts so I will definitely test your theory by wearing a couple and then others which are different and see whether it makes a difference. I will let you know!

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts