Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Warrington area, with easy access to Liverpool and Manchester (and surrounding areas).

I'm in need of a new pair of running shoes but would like to go somewhere that I can talk about my needs and ensure a good fitting, rather than JJB etc.

Does anyone know a good shoe retailer in my area?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with that, but getting the right shoes is a must.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Quite a few options:
Natterjack Running Centre on Smithdown Rd in Liverpool, quite near Wavertree Track
Natterjack in Southport
Foot Traffic on Blackburn Road, Bolton (video gait analysis)
Sweatshop Chorley, just by J8 of M61
Running Bear on main street in Alderley Edge
Sweatshop Hyde, top end of Market Street

Have worked with all of them in the past, all good shops. More of them will have video gait analysis but not sure which ones.Hope this helps?:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brilliant! Thanks very much, Sensible. I'll head off to one of those at weekend. I've begun to develop blisters on my instep (of all places!), which is really hindering my running.

Hopefully they'll be able to help.

Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
There is also Up & Running in the Triangle, Manchester as well they also do video gait analysis. Foot traffic are very knowledable and they also do gait analysis as do Sweatshop at Chorley. The Chorley Sweatshop isn't actually in the town centre its at the next generation gym in Whittlle-le-Woods more accessible by car but I did walk out there the other week (I live in Chorley)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Natterjack - Liverpool

I've just got in from buying my first "proper" pair of running shoes. (asics gel - cumulus 9)

I went to Natterjack nr Wavertree and spent what must have been an hour in there. The staff were really helpful, insisting I go for a run round the block in different shoes before finding ones that I was really happy with.

I can't give my experience enough praise. As a Newbie I was a bit nervious going in to a professional shop, but the help and advice I was offered was exceptional.

Thanks for the recommendation, Sensible.

Right - I'm off for a run! :d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts