Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my over enthusiasm at the gym last week my right leg is fine now though I still have soreness above my left knee. I havent been out for a week and really want to go out for short jog, should I go or wait until the soreness has completely gone?

·
Registered
634 Posts
If it's not too sore I'd go out for a gentle jog and see how it goes - I find that if I leave it too long between runs my muscles/joints get stiff and it takes a long time to get back to normal.

Maybe that's cos I'm old and knackered though:(

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Another day or two off shouldn't harm...then take it easy on the return to running for a week or so

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ditto on the brisk walk - if you build it up gradually, you're less likely to worsen it, though movement does help clean up a damaged joint (or you can get some heat rub to do that for you?).

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've been out for just over half an hour to test the water. I walked for just ander a mile then gingerly jogged to see how my leg felt, it didnt feel any worse so I jogged slowly for 11 minutes and walked the rest of the way home. I've had a good stretch and am now refuelling with a yoghurt.

My leg doesnt feel any better but then doesnt feel any worse. Whilst I was jogging it actually seemed to ease a little bit and then ached again once I started walking. I'm going to have a rest tomorrow and see how I feel on Wednesday before venturing out again.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should add its not my knee thats the problem, its my left thigh. One spot just about the knee is sore. My right thigh was aching too over the weekend but is ok now, with any luck both legs will be right as rain by the end of the week

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Liz3yy and sensible arent normally mentioned in the same sentence but on this occassion I can be persuaded! :d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts