Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get this?

I have noticed it a number of times now when I am really pushing myself hard for the last .5 mile or what ever distance it is. I start to feel like Im strinking! Its very odd.....

Maybe its just me :)

O.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Don't know about the last half mile bit but I feel as if I'm shrinking each day......once you pass a certain age I think one does shrink....I'll be able to get into a bottle with a ship soon.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does anyone else get this?

I have noticed it a number of times now when I am really pushing myself hard for the last .5 mile or what ever distance it is. I start to feel like Im strinking! Its very odd.....

Maybe its just me :)

O.
do you mean shrinking or stinking or perhaps both.
i cant say i've suffered from shrinking, but the latter:|

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't seem to get a shrinking feeling...in fact, quite the opposite...nobody warned me that your fingers swell up to huge fat sausages sometimes. I discovered this in my first half marathon...scared the heeby jeebies out of me.

Thankfully, a runner passing me offered me a jelly baby and said the swollen fingers were normal...Phew!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
YES!!! and I thought it was my crazy "used to rave too much" mind!! :) - Owain, I will explain in more depth........ At work at mo, so cant build on this now...

:)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
shrinking as in getting nowhere fast lol :p

Yes had that feeling :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
I havent had the swollen fingers though, that does sound scary!

O.
It is very scary...feels like your skin is about to split and the inside of your fingers will spurt out and make a mess. Ended up running with my hands up in the air for a bit...looked very silly. :nuts:

·
Registered
693 Posts
It is very scary...feels like your skin is about to split and the inside of your fingers will spurt out and make a mess. Ended up running with my hands up in the air for a bit...looked very silly. :nuts:
Hey I suffer with that too when I run, it happened this morning in fact and took a long time to go. My hands were so fat I couldnt bend my fingers. I'm used to it though, it happens when I get hot, once on holiday in Greece it was so bad I ended up with my hands in a bucket of cold water!

·
Registered
674 Posts
With you on the fingers thing...thank goodness I don't wear any rings, or they'd have chopped through my flesh this morning!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I don't seem to shrink or get bursting finger effects, maybe I become invisible? Will check in a reflective surface next time I'm out :)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rob, that would be an impressive trick. You could start a race then go invisable, hide round the corner, wait for the winning person to come near you and then cross the line in front of them...you could always win a race :)

O.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts