Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, every time after running the 400m, i have a terrible heachache, i feel dizzy and i throw up. After throwing up though, i feel better.

But i really hate feeling like this, and i was wondering if there was anything i can do to stop this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel a little bit like it with the 200m, i have tried 800m and i had a headache but i didn't throw up.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've had something a little similar just recently, but mainly towards the end of my long runs. After about 8 miles I've started to feel sick for some reason. It may have been from eating late at night as I was out running in the morning, although I wasn't actually sick. I did also think it may have been the warm weather. In fact, on Saturday I ran a 5k trial and I was virtually on the verge of throwing up as soon as I crossed the line. Perhaps there is a link with exhaustion there somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, before my race today i drank a whole lot of water. My time was a bit slower than normal (about .8 down), but i didn't feel as bad afterwards, i wasn't sick at all and just had a headache.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Could it be that you are generally dehydrated and the sustained effort exasperated it?

The problem with identifying this sort of problem is there are so many variables only you are aware of. Obvious questions are diet, fluids, level of fitness, effort sustained, other training etc.

I hope you get to the bottom of it

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
When the kiwi threw up after his effort in one of the rowing events in the Olympics, it was suggested that it was down to his lack of fitness in relation to the effort that he was attempting to exert. He was over working his body.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The only time I've thrown up after a run was when I did the 3k all out with glandular fever :|

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I've never thrown up from running. Felt slightly nauseous the last couple of miles on my Sunday run, but I was hung over. It's really not normal to be physically sick, even if you have been pushing hard.

Come to think of it, the last time I physically threw up was back in 1996. I remember it not being pleasant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts