341 - 360 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
No problem here.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Site was down for me all day yesterday and so far today until 3pm. Just got in from a run and all sweaty and horrible. Thought I would click on the forum link just to see if it was working and lo and behold, it loaded! Now I have 135 posts to look through before I can shower. :p

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
The site has been transferred to new owners. I believe the domain name transfer was the cause of the downtime.

For the older members who recognise me or newer members who only saw me popup in June to clean up the spam, I've never owned this site.
I voluntarily ran it for the guy who did own it. I did this for a while and did many of the additional features, such as training blog, sidebar and others.

I wasn't involved in the transfer deal so I don't know anything of it.

I don't know what the new owners are planning to do in terms of running the board. It may change, it may stay the same.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I'm assuming it is VerticalScope yes? Surely this deserves a dedicated thread - it is a significant development.

You would have thought so :suspicious:

Oh and if it is VericalScope I haven't heard good things about them from other forums I know that they acquired...

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I'm assuming it is VerticalScope yes? Surely this deserves a dedicated thread - it is a significant development.
Registrar info does point to VerticalScope, I've never heard of them though.
I suppose it's not up to Bairy though, he's the same as us now :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Absolutely love this site.. Only one thing that I don't like Is the short time out.. I always have lots of windows open as I am busy on other pages, for example, Emails, my web page, internet pages. And when I return to this page It as always timed out and I have to log back In, so If I was on the New post page because I have been logged off that resets, so now I have to go to new posts of today... The timeout either needs to be reset or we need. A way of just checking your own posts that have been answered... Still say this is the best running forum on the internet.. Keep up the great work.. And thank you.. :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
when I return to this page It as always timed out and I have to log back In
Tick the remember me box. Else it's 15 minutes timeout I believe which is designed for people who login from a public place (work, cybercafe etc) and then forget to log out.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Addition to the training blog requested

Please could we have Triathlon under the races section in our training blogs?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Not sure if the others would fine it useful, but i think it would be good to have information about running shoes people use. For example:

Or maybe it's me, I'm learning what people wear and how they like it. Of course, some people might have a few of them or change often, which is great too, they can put a few names.
Or as an option to add a line "Best Running Shoes:" instead, which would show people's preferences straight away and no need to ask about the feedback.

That's just my humble opinion. Only a suggestion.

Thanks
M x

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I think there are far too many different sub forums

I would have general running chat, injuries, equipment, training and races, then off topic. No subforums in these. I would leave local events as they are.

It's not busy enough as it is and the tumbleweed masses of subforums are too quiet too be worth looking at.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I think there are far too many different sub forums

I would have general running chat, injuries, equipment, training and races, then off topic. No subforums in these. I would leave local events as they are.

It's not busy enough as it is and the tumbleweed masses of subforums are too quiet too be worth looking at.
agreed

341 - 360 of 371 Posts