Runners Forum banner

361 - 371 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
What's happened to this site?
When I was running regularly and came here every day, there'd be hundreds of posts to read. Now your lucky if you see a handful of posts a day.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
What's happened to this site?
When I was running regularly and came here every day, there'd be hundreds of posts to read. Now your lucky if you see a handful of posts a day.
It's all true Jamie, a lot of regulars still read but rarely post :(

·
2,698 Posts
Yes it is a lot quieter here than it used to be. It think it's a mixture of things - some regulars who used to post a lot have moved on, with Strava we can all see each others training so that gets discussed a lot less on the forums, and I think new runners are more likely these days to use Facebook, Twitter etc to seek advice, so the site probably gets far fewer new users than before.

It's a shame, but not really sure what could be done to "fix" it...

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
It's a shame, but not really sure what could be done to "fix" it...

:p

Me posting less has to do with personal things, not with the forum itself. But yes, it is a lot quieter.
And apart from stuMBrunnermarathonsomething, it seems like guys who came on here and made big progress, like Richard Simkiss and Owain Williams, among others, just moved on to blogging/twittering/facebooking after a while.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
And apart from stuMBrunnermarathonsomething, it seems like guys who came on here and made big progress, like Richard Simkiss and Owain Williams, among others, just moved on to blogging/twittering/facebooking after a while.
I hear that stuMBrunnermarathonsomethinghowlongcanausernamebe only hangs around now as he's the quickest on the forum ;)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Can we set the settings for new members that they by default get email notifications of replies to postings or at least threads they have started? I have experienced a couple of instances where I have replied to a new member question, got no reponse, IMed them, and got the reply that the person didn't relaise there had been any replies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can we set the settings for new members that they by default get email notifications of replies to postings or at least threads they have started? I have experienced a couple of instances where I have replied to a new member question, got no reponse, IMed them, and got the reply that the person didn't relaise there had been any replies.
Well that would be helpful. There's truly no way to see a responses other than track a thread ifrom your account.

Unfortunately, a lot of forums are like that. A know only few really big, like reddit, that can notify you about your post

·
2,698 Posts
Well that would be helpful. There's truly no way to see a responses other than track a thread ifrom your account.

Unfortunately, a lot of forums are like that. A know only few really big, like reddit, that can notify you about your post
This forum offers thread notifications - you can enable them either from "thread tools" at the top of the page, or from "thread subscription" on the reply screen. :tup:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks for the info but it doesn't address the point in my first sentence. In other words, opt in by default.

361 - 371 of 371 Posts