Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...it wasn't on the road. It was on my local athletics track so I guess I probably won't count it.

It felt great though and makes me feel that I can maybe now go on to achieve my goal time under race conditions.

Cheers,
Ito.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
isnt it classed as 10,000m if its a track time and 10k if its road? a PB is still a PB though.. well done

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Haha... well done mate! I was about to post a thread of my own about track running. Surprising what a difference it makes running on the track eh? I'd be inclined to follow Beasty's line of thinking though - you now have 2 PB's for the distance... 10,000m and 10k Road Race. :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Great going Ito well done :d

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Well done Ito!

I guess on a track it is easier not to run an extra 200 metres, as I often seem to do in road races!

I would go for the 2 PB's - looking at the world records, for both men and women the 10,000m track records are considerably quicker than the 10k road records, so the track springiness must help :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers folks. I think I will put it down as 2 separate PB's - that way I can still call it a PB :p

I really enjoyed running on the track. I wasn't even intending on going for a PB I just happened to check my 305 after 4k and noticed I was well ahead of my usual times. To do it before the FirstMonster this weekend was a big boost. Can't wait for Saturday now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts