Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of a strange question for which I apologise in advance! My other half runs every day. I have noticed recently that even when the running tops are washed they still smell!!!! :eek: Is it time they were retired and throw in the bin. My other half doesnt seem to mind that they smell even after washing but it bothers me. They are special running tops dry weave tops or something?

·
Registered
835 Posts
May be it's me, but if you run fast enough the smell shouldn't linger:embarrassed:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
How do you wash the tops? Ideally they need to be washed at the lowest temperature possible, with non-bio detergent and most definately NO fabric softener...

Fabric softener will impede the fabrics ability to wick away moisture from the skin, and non-bio's are generally less harsh.

Of course there does come a day when kit needs to be chucked... but looking after the kit should make it last as long as possible. Whether your kit needs to be chucked, well if it works it works, and it's more of a case of whether you/your other half can put up with the smell!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts