Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some flowers left for me outside my front door...which was a lovely surprise :)

....although he did tell me in a text that he had to get up early to go out and buy them this morning

Is romance dead? :confused:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I remembered with a quite disgraceful and tacky card, made noises and everything !! - I think SWMBO found it more amusing than romantic :confused:

Better than nothing as I reminded her :d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd get more than a little emotional if it was just a card Steady E!

Blokes eh... don't they appreciate us anymore

You may have guessed that I'm feeling a touch disgruntled at the moment

.......despite the sunshine

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I bought SWMBO a nice bag and a new belt...............................

She says the Vacuum Cleaner works a treat now.................:d

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I have strong feelings about flowers for our first valentine's day he bought me a bunch but I wasn't impressed and was probably a tad ungrateful. I'm very happy with my card honestly and we're going out for dinner on friday.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got a card, flowers, chocolates, nice underwear, and a candle... which were all lovely

However, I'd swop all that for 'just a card' if we could have had a romantic evening together, rather than a snatched half hour while I was on Mum taxi duty, and then I couldn't go back round because he had to have an early night to get up for work in the morning

Valentines Day eh... not interested in it anymore

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
To be honest don't usually bother, but was pleasantly surprised by a fab cooked dinner last night. v good :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steve said:
Went for meal with SWMBO...who else!! Very nice it was too.
I refuse to buy flowers at this time of the year.
Don't blame you prices hiked just for one day tsk tsk

·
Registered
813 Posts
I was once given a cactus on Valentines Day, it was a flowering one I suppose.....am I prickly?

The following year I was given a pussy willow tree (Salix capria Pendulosa) and an old lady hit it in her car and bent it right over, she then went on to demolish the front of the house. Never mind, she wasn't hurt and she bought me a pot plant to compensate (which I killed)

Are there any romantic men?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's refreshing to see you blokes steering away from the flower thing.

I do like flowers but I hate to watch them die... prefer to see them in the garden really

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a cactus that started flowering this year... gorgeous flowers too!

Bagpuss... I'm not so sure anymore :(

Now... I must go and take my car to see some greasy men in overalls... MOT time :confused:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Trinity said:
I have a cactus that started flowering this year... gorgeous flowers too!

Bagpuss... I'm not so sure anymore :(

Now... I must go and take my car to see some greasy men in overalls... MOT time :confused:

I bet the car is perfectly alright really isn't it. You just want to see some dirty old men don't you..go on admit it!!:d

Romance..pah!
Chivalry..pah!

But don't tell SWMBO!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Granty said:
greasy men in overalls OR men in greasy overalls ? :p

Well I guess the overalls could always come off so the second option would be preferable, except the men at the garage are in need of hair transplant, liposuction and de-aging about 30 years before I'd be tempted :confused:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still haven't heard from the garage... they said it would only take about an hour and a half, that was at 11

I feel an expensive bill coming on :confused:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts