Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I can tell, this used to be an active place for runners to throw out ideas and comment and questions. But now it's so quiet its almost dead. What happened? Was a big change made to the structure of the forum? Did contributors get too old or bored?

Where is the forum that runners now use?

·
4,318 Posts
I joined around 10 years ago and it was very busy, and stayed so until a couple of years ago when the number of active members started to drop. The site was later sold and revamped, but it is not like the old days. I spend a lot less time on here than I used to.
I guess people move on , get new interests etc.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I moved about and stopped running, so didn't feel I had anything to contribute! I've been lurking for a week or so and it's sad to see it's a lot quieter than it used to be, but I guess if we don't add posts, that'll happen...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So do you think its now the case that runners dont have a forum? Dont want a forum? I am not thinking of setting one up, but I am suprised that I havent been able to find one that is getting some use.

There is a walking (how dull........) forum that is getting loads of posts. But not running?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I think that a lot of this kind of thing is now being done through social media, so forums like this are not as popular. I prefer this kind of forum, but that's because I can log on occasionally whilst I'm sitting at a desk!

·
Registered
4 Posts
In general, forums vanish, people move to social Media and discuss in Facebook groups, for example.

·
Registered
20,659 Posts
I used to post loads of things back in the day but the new format kind of killed it for me.

Anyway, for anyone who remembers me hello 😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts