Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And don't say on a running holiday or I might go off in a sulk again (see 'Worst injury' thread)

I'm going to Portugal on Saturday :d

I really should start thinking about my packing, although I do hate packing...and, come to think of it, unpacking

·
Registered
244 Posts
have a good holiday.

We've not decided where or when yet as my gf can't fly at the moment as she's got her leg in a big boot (and on crutches) after rupturing her achilles. She doesn't really want to go anywhere while she can't get about either as she's not someone who can just laze about.

Hopefully she'll be sorted sometime in August so we can go just before she starts a new job or else then we're stuffed for quite a few months!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hollywood said:
I've booked a holiday in Holland - Almere 4km swim, 120km cycle, 30km run. Shiraz is defintiely coming with me... but maybe just spectating...

I thought I said.....

Well I warned you....

<<shuffles off to sulk in a corner>>

·
Registered
220 Posts
(((Trinity)))

Hollywood : :eek:

Me : 2 weeks in Brittany, house with garden backing onto the sea. Probably a fair bit of running (but not a running holiday, Trinity...)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx Greg

Your hol sounds nice.
A week in Portugal just wasn't long enough...I needed something like 6 months really ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Off to Cuba 21-27 December. It's always a bit of a shock when you get back here when you've been away during the Winter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
We aren't getting a full two weeks this year, so myself and Mrs Boab are off to Galway for a few days for a pampering at the G hotel then a couple of days in St Andrews on a Champagne tasting course!! Mid November time, and I have told Mrs Boab that it is bang in the middle of my winter training so to expect me to take my trainers with me!!!
As you would expect, that didn;t go down too well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm Going to a Health Spa in January for a pampering weekend with lots of lovely treatments to look forward to... Although I am taking my trainers with me as well as the grounds are supposed to be really lovely and vast, so plenty of good running territory.. can't wait ...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Steve said:
Huh!
Hope it rains! :rolleyes:

Have a good 'un Trin. Leaving kit behind? :d

On the contrary... I have packed 3 sets of kit :)

Our hotel is on a small island just off the mainland, which you access by a little ferry that runs every 20 minutes or so. Rich and I reckon that the island is about a mile circumferance so we will probably do a few laps ;)

There are also lovely walks and cycle ways, which are used by runners alike in mainland Croatia.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Trinity said:
On the contrary... I have packed 3 sets of kit :)

Our hotel is on a small island just off the mainland, which you access by a little ferry that runs every 20 minutes or so. Rich and I reckon that the island is about a mile circumferance so we will probably do a few laps ;)

There are also lovely walks and cycle ways, which are used by runners alike in mainland Croatia.
Now I hope it snows!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts