Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon people - how'd it go?! Details, details!!

I was watching the coverage when I got back from my run - looked like awesome fun, and some of the stories of people doing the marathon were really inspiring! I really feel like I wanna give a marathon a go at some point, maybe not London though.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Go on ANS... FLM2009 Ballot entry is now open! I've put my name into the hat :d

Very Interested to hear how everyone got on! They're probably numbing the pain with plenty o'alcohol though, or perhaps choc in Trin's case? Alcoholic choc even? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Owww. I don't know - I haven't actually looked into what training for a marathon really entails and whether I can actually spare the time! I'm finding it hard to fit in 10 mile runs midweek, so yeah... but in May when I've got some time I'll look in to it, and then maybe enter A marathon if it looks like my PhD won't suffer (PhD is THE priority atm) - but not london, if I'm going to do some silly like a marathon then I at least want to travel somewhere uber interesting... thing is... I quite fancy the idea of ultra-marathons ... there's something very wrong with me :( :p

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm dying to know how they all got on.

I looked up the 2 guys from my company who were running - one did it in just over 4 hours, the other just under 3hrs 30, so yay to them both. But it's a bit harder to do that when you only know people by their username...

·
Registered
348 Posts
OK! We'll the simple stats say I did 3:11:25

But I have to be honest and admit that I went all guns blazing for the sub 3 and head-butted the wall at 21! The last 5 miles were in slow-motion treacle running mode!

The 1st half felt pretty good in 1:28:48, but I just didn't have the miles in my legs to be able to replicate it for more than another 7-8.

But I'm happy enough! I may have been able to do a few minutes quicker if I had been more conservative but I enjoyed going for it in a sadistic kind of way!

Any news from the others?!?!

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Fantastic time Lazy! It's a shame you didn;t manage sub 3 if that's what you were aiming for but bloomin 'eck, you weren't far off! and regardless it's still a fantastic time that I'm sure virtually everyone on the forum will be jealous of! :d

Not heard from anyone else - though on the results I can see Trinity finished in... ooh, I better not say - she might want to announce it herself! :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's an awesome time! Well done :d And you didn't make the time you wanted BUT, next time... next time...

·
Registered
348 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
That's an awesome time! Well done :d And you didn't make the time you wanted BUT, next time... next time...
Cheers all,

& yes the first thing I said when I finished was 'unfinished business!', so I will be doing another one! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
LazyJones said:
OK! We'll the simple stats say I did 3:11:25

But I have to be honest and admit that I went all guns blazing for the sub 3 and head-butted the wall at 21! The last 5 miles were in slow-motion treacle running mode!

The 1st half felt pretty good in 1:28:48, but I just didn't have the miles in my legs to be able to replicate it for more than another 7-8.

But I'm happy enough! I may have been able to do a few minutes quicker if I had been more conservative but I enjoyed going for it in a sadistic kind of way!

Any news from the others?!?!

Well done LJ.............

JUST THINK OF THE POSTS YOU COULD HAVE RACKED UP THOUGH WITH A MILE BY MILE JACKANORY ACCOUNT :d :d

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I could maybe do that pace over 5k lol, but I dunno if I'd get much further, certainly not 26 miles which is why I am flabberghasted by the fact the dude who won it did it in 2:05!!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts