Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations in respect of what gloves to wear on cold winter runs.

My hands seem to take about 3 miles to warm up so I need something that can easily fit in my pockets when they get to warm.

It didn`t seem to bother me last year,but I`m already suffering this year.......:embarrassed:

Cheers.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Get Mrs Dave to knit you some mitts with a string on that goes up your sleeves, you won't have to worry about putting them in your pockets.....you might look a bit of a prat though!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bagpuss said:
.you might look a bit of a prat though!
No change there then................

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Granty said:
bcfc.co.uk - Nice pair of promotion gloves at a reasonable price !! :d

Even more stupid than BP`s idea..................:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I`m going to Runnersworld to see if they are more sensible over in the dark side......;)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave said:
I`m going to Runnersworld to see if they are more sensible over in the dark side......;)

I couldn`t bring myself to do it.............................;)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I know - shocking design !! - still I might get a pair for Halloween! :d :d

I shall be checking the logs to confirm no passing of info to the enemy has happened :p

·
Registered
9,640 Posts

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Granty said:
I know - shocking design !! - still I might get a pair for Halloween! :d :d

I shall be checking the logs to confirm no passing of info to the enemy has happened :p

Talking of shocking with that outfit your wearing you won't need any gloves, mind you it could work as a ploy to run freely without anyone coming near you, infact you could chase all the hoodies :p

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do you wear a long sleeved top? Could you pull your sleeves down and hold them from the inside until your hands warm up.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers Jason.

17 Posts to get to a sensible answer.......

I really should be more choosey about the company I keep online................;)

My £4.99 from Lidl long sleeve top has Thumb holes to hold the sleeves over your hands.

I think I might still need gloves though.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Nike do special tops with holes in them for your thumbs and I've got a Brooks Vapour Hoody that you can fold over your hands until they warm up. Otherwise check out your local running or walking shop for a pair of technical gloves.

What's wrong with Runnersworld???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts