Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all the runners out there!

I have lost 5 stones in the past year and want to get rid of some annoying fatty bits hanging off my body! I heard running on an empty stomach would melt the fat right off, it is mostly bodybuilders that say this, so can I get some tips on this, any would do!

Secondly, I understand the importance of a warm down and stretching after running but what should I be eating and drinking to recover for the next day! I just ordered some for goodness shakes by the way!

Finally, I know supplements are important: so I would like to know what the best multi vitamin and mineral is (brand and store in london)!

Thank You! Thank You!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Hello to all the runners out there!

I have lost 5 stones in the past year and want to get rid of some annoying fatty bits hanging off my body! I heard running on an empty stomach would melt the fat right off, it is mostly bodybuilders that say this, so can I get some tips on this, any would do!

Secondly, I understand the importance of a warm down and stretching after running but what should I be eating and drinking to recover for the next day! I just ordered some for goodness shakes by the way!

Finally, I know supplements are important: so I would like to know what the best multi vitamin and mineral is (brand and store in london)!

Thank You! Thank You!
You don't have to run on an empty stomach to shift fat.

I don't know about goodness shakes, unlike body builders, a runners diet will focus more on carb intake relative to the amount of exercise you're doing but will of course include lean proteins/essential fats etc.

Some foods, such as porridge, when prepared with water, can help you to burn more calories when digesting than they actually contain.

Running within your aerobic zone will provide you with the opportunity to burn the optimum amount of fat.

Also creating a calorie deficit would help you to achieve weightloss.

Personally, I don't feel the need for supplements as I believe that if you have a balanced diet you will gain all of the health benefits that you need when coupled with regular exercise.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Increase vegetable intake, eat them raw.

Eat fruit before meals instead of after, fruit is digested fast and will pave the way.

You shouldn't need supplements.

Have smaller meals more regularly with the biggest at lunch time. Don't snack at night, don't go to bed with a full stomach.

Drink plenty of water, often hunger is actually thirst.

I am not a dietitian or anything nor do i pretend to know what i'm talking about but these things have worked for me. The last thing you want to do is not eat... its all about what you eat and when.

Did i mention raw veges?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I heard running on an empty stomach would melt the fat right off
I'd say that your heart rate level is more important when you train.. if you havnt got one get a heart rate monitor and then do a quick google on training zones...

taken from here

The Energy Efficient or Recovery Zone - 60% to 70%
Training within this zone develops basic endurance and aerobic capacity. All easy recovery running should be completed at a maximum of 70%. Another advantage to running in this zone is that while you are happily fat burning you may lose weight and you will be allowing your muscles to re-energise with glycogen, which has been expended during those faster paced workouts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts