Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is the best bit of kit that will do the following but without bells and whistles.
(i'm not into too many gadgets and i don't care about downloading data)

distance
time
heart rate
ave speed/pace.

OH not too expensive please.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
first thing to ask... do you want GPS or footpod type?

gps as more acurate, but cost more...

as an owner i would strongly reccomend the Garmin 305.. one of the best £125's ive spent

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the garmin that is used for cycling and it's good, so i'll google the 305.

where did you buy yours?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i got mine from here

the NOH basically means that its a factory re-con.. but they also do brand new ones but they are around £150+

·
Registered
46 Posts
How cheap do these type of things go without being rubbish? I'm just after something that I can use to monitor speed, distance and time, but would prefer not to fork out £70+...

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
the Nike+ sportband may be worth a look essell. Not quite as accurate as the GPS systems in my experience, but some people have found them to be fairly accurate! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
It just arrived in the post today, and the first thing I've noticed is that it's a bit massive! What you get for plumping for the entry level one, I suppose. Hopefully it won't look / feel so big that I feel like a mong when I go out running with it on...

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
The 205/305 is hardly what you'd call small, so I wouldn't worry about the 101 being slightly larger. - still if it was discreet, nobody would be able to see how geeky you are ;) :cool:

Hope you get on well with it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts