Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out this evening planning a relatively speedy 10k, but within 10 minutes my legs were heavy and I knew it would be difficult. Anyway, rather than give up, I decided I'd run at a slow but comfortable pace and just run further than 10k, so I did a very slow 8 miler. Didn't take a stopwatch, but I don't think I even broke an hour so that was very slow for me. My body feels like crap but I do feel good for refusing to stop. I am no quitter.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've had that before. I've gone out on a normal route that I've done tons of times in the past and I just don't feel right. I don't tend to get ill or catch too many colds so sometimes I think I may have a slight touch of something so my body doesn't work like it usually does.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had that before. I've gone out on a normal route that I've done tons of times in the past and I just don't feel right. I don't tend to get ill or catch too many colds so sometimes I think I may have a slight touch of something so my body doesn't work like it usually does.
I actually think that happens with me too. I never get full blown colds or flu, but I've been around lots of people with colds. I think my body fights these things before they get bad, but it probably affects my running.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
The mental aspect is a major part of running, so well done for sticking in there and training regardless... No such thing as a junk mile in my eyes :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I planned to do 4 miles on the tready last night but really couldn't face it, so I set up bbc iplayer and watched Top Gear, ended up doing 5 miles instead.

Weather was too bad to go out in last night, didn't much fancy getting struck by lightning :((

Good for you though for sticking it out :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Beat the mind, beat your times!!
Good on yer for persevering.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I've had that too - but found it's really paid dividends in the next couple of runs when I feel better - I think, god, if I could get through that hellish run last week, this one's cake and pie :d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts