Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I am a big man (over 6 feet 2 and 110 kilograms) with the physique of a rugby forward.

I have been a keen treadmill runner for about 5 years, and have recently gone back to the gym after a small break of about 6 months.

For some reason, I am getting incredible pain in my achillies tendon several hours after the run.

I find this strange. I have brand new running shoes, the gym has good treadmills, and I know a few basic stretches for the calf and achillies area.

I even have heel supports to raise the leg and improve the angle.

What am I doing wrong ? Do I need to warm up and down a lot longer ?

:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Achilies problem

You need to have a regular sports & remedial massage go and se a good sports & remedial therapist who will take you through a good stretching programme. this is vital if you whant to minimise the chance of injury. in the meantime you need to massage front & back of legs Both Quads, Hamstrings calves, and ask your sports therapist to show you how to massage & stretch your achilies tendon. I am a qualified sports & remedial therapist but with achilies problems you need to be shown practicaly how to massage or you can do more damage than good have a look at the www.albmaleaf.co.uk website links page sports injury clinic

1 - 2 of 2 Posts