Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had sore calves during my last two runs, actually its the whole of my lower legs from the knees down that ache. They loosened up a little whilst I was out tonight but I'm wondering why I'm aching like this now? I always warm up and cool down, any ideas????

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah maybe, I'm running at least a mile now 3-4 times a week, a month ago I was doing half that.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I reckon that's it then...you need to be careful you don't push yourself too much too soon...patience is needed or you'll suffer an injury and that would be sad considering your progress to date.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you're right, I got carried away last week and ran 2 miles on both Monday and Wednesday where the week before I had been doing 1 to 1.5m. I'm back down to 1 mile now as I thought I might have increased things too soon. I'm going to stay at 1 mile now for a while me thinks

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Make it interesting though...a few strides/climbs/jogs. Don't just do a steady run each time.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will dont worry Hrun, I dont want to ruin all my good work so far by getting carried away.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I can relate to that well being my whole entire body a bad injury :p

Be careful Lizzie

:)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I know how easy it is to get carried away by the moment, you know what I'm talking about, you get to the point where you should stop and you think well I can run further, and you carry on feeling quite chuffed with yourself.

But STOP.

When you have compleated your run stop, do not run further. You can always do it another day. When it's time.

Good luck, and keep it steady and you will be running longer and further.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts