Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! i over done it at an aerobics class tuesday and now i still have really sore thigh muscles from all the squats i did. But i have this 10k sunday and dont want them to be this bad on the day. I found the class easy but it just goes to show me how many muscles i dont use in my legs when running.
Has anyone got any tips for getting them to recover faster (silly girl i know) hayley

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
You should be ok in a couple of days Hayley.

If not then maybe this old man might have a chance of finishing in front of you........:d

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so, been doing loads of stretching with cindy crawford on my living room floor.
You may well be in with a chance but i wont give up that easily, as long as i get sub 50 even by secs ill drink to that after the race.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hi Hayley,

Streching and I find ice packs works well (I really suffer with sore calves) after a longish run

I've a pint that says you beat the Forum Grandad !! :d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Granty said:
Hi Haley,

Streching and I find ice packs works well (I really suffer with sore calves) after a longish run

I've a pint that says you beat the Forum Grandad !! :d

I think your pints safe Granty...............

But you never Know.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Granty said:
I hope so, I already owe you one for that slender victory last March :p
Slender: small in size, amount, extent, etc.;

Wrong word Granty...............................:d

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave you have alot more experience than me so you might just beat me, iv never done a 10k and iv only ever run that far as well.
Granty thanks for the advice ice it is then, i feel like a right wally, i can run 6 miles but im dying after 30 squats and lunges..........that will teach me

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi Hayley, a very slow couple of miles running may help flush out the heavy feeling. I use one of those blue wine cooler things to ice sore muscles occasionally, it just means you have to drink the bottle of wine it was holding first though! :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I use a gel ice pack - think it came with my epilator. I also find rubbing in a muscle rub very soothing as well. Do you line any where near a Lush Cosmetics store? They do this wiccy muscle massage bar - you have to rub it onto your thighs after a nice hot bath (it doesn't sem to have the safe effect with a shower). It tingles but its very soothing

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Hayley

Like lazyjones said have a gentle run that should help alot.

I have only just got back into running this week, and after my first run my thighs were aching (no funny comments please) I have since run a couple more times and they feel alot better.

You will be fine on Sunday, the adrenaline will get you through if nothing else, that's what I am banking on anyway :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steve said:
Can't resist Twinks....they would ache if you ran in those boots!:d

I think you would get cracking shin splints? :eek: Great in the rain...

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah sorry thats me running around doing 10 things at once while i reply on this thread,im not one to sit down for 5 mins and i type to fast.
By the way iv heard pee is very good for the skin though..........

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
<Quote TT>
since when where they known as Ice-o-pop thought it was pop ice?</QUOTE>

Not in this part of the Country - taste so much better as well ! :embarrassed:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
hayley1977 said:
yeah sorry thats me running around doing 10 things at once while i reply on this thread,im not one to sit down for 5 mins and i type to fast.
By the way iv heard pee is very good for the skin though..........
apparently good for blisters, haven't tried it though... :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts