Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do us Fathers insist on making a complete a£$e of ourselves in front of the children?

This evening I took advantage of the free time I had to take my nine year old out around the village on her new bike. .

Anyway things are going very well until I decided that it was safe enough for us both to gather some speed and explain to her the advantages of selecting a higher gear. So to demonstrate I tore off down the road and then selected my higher gear whilst putting a lot of pressure on the pedal which then slipped over several cogs and forced my rising leg to smash against the handle bars knocking the bike into a new direction towards a ditch then an oncoming car and then finally the ditch again.

My daughter found this highly amusing and just said 'serves you right for showing off'. I'm now sporting a very swollen knee and extremely dented pride!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
LOL - sorry Scr8pe but that made me laugh, but we've all been there and spookily enough last night my son asked if we could go out on the bikes tonight, I'll be thinking of you as I change gear !

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Oh you poor thing scr8pe, my Dad does loads of things like that and always gets embarrassed and I still always laugh, which can't make things any easier. :d

I could write a list of calamities my dad makes on a daily basis, and he wouldn't thank me for telling you either... ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The odd thing is that when I ran today, I was expect alsorts of problems with me knee. But no, the swollen knee was fine, t'was the other knee that seemed to out in sympathy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts