Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning and I seem to have a mild pain/soreness directly above my left knee. It feels like the source is the muscle directly above the knee bone, although the general area if tender. I've never had an injury before from running, or even a niggle, so I really don't know what this is. I can walk fine and if I jog it just feels a little tender. I can feel it most if I lie on my back and raise my left leg. Do you think this is just a temporary pain caused by overdoing the running a bit over the last week and a half? I've just never had knee problems before and this disturbs me. I wasn't planning on running today or tomorrow, so hopefully it will be ok :(

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
sounds like nothing to worry about JBB, just tightness in the muscle - and yes, probably brought on by a very hard week of running! give your body a chance to catch up, try some of those 'easy' or 'recovery' runs you've heard so much about ;)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like nothing to worry about JBB, just tightness in the muscle - and yes, probably brought on by a very hard week of running! give your body a chance to catch up, try some of those 'easy' or 'recovery' runs you've heard so much about ;)
haha. I promise that my 6 mile run on Saturday will be very slow. I'll aim for 8min/mile pace. I might have to as I think I'm going out for a few drinks on Friday night ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts