Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my last post in May I seem to be much better - I've been doing runs outside on a grass track and inside on a treadmill and I'm up to running for 30-35 mins. What I wondered is if I'm running 4k in 29 mins 38 secs then i've worked out that's an average of 5 miles per hour. Is that a good pace and how long does it take to get faster as i don't want to push myself too much too soon. I've been running for about 2-3 months now so I'd also like to know if what I'm doing is good progress or if I should be expecting a little more in terms of speed or distance?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I would say you are progressing well.

The time it takes to get faster is really down to you and the amount of training you can do...including speed work and hill sessions....however you are still new to this lark so I'd suggest you just continue doing what you are doing at the mo...to build up strength and not to get injured....maybe just add a few more mins to your runs.

Keep motivated by running different routes and if you can find someone/a club to run with.

Good job so far...keep it up.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
don't worry too much about your speed atm phoenix... as a relatively new runner the best thing you can do is to just keep building up your mileage and get your body used to being on it's feet... you'll tend to find that as you're able to run further, you'll be able to run faster too (over the shorter distances anyway).

for your reference, your 4k time indicates a pace of 11:57min/mile... (5.02mph)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts