Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I assume you would have tested this by now? I use the sport tracker on my N95. I found that the top speed and altitude values are flaky, and the export to google-earth is "rough" although good enough to record for your personal records. Having the phone shut does not maintain GPS connection well, so I am having trouble now using it as I stop wearing my jacket with summer approaching. Overall, its pretty decent (I have compared the mileage with www.mapmyrun.com and its pretty accurate, and the mileage lap readings are pretty handy), and I will see if I am able to strap it to either my arm or belt, during the summer months (if anyone has any advice on this for a N95 that would be cool! :))

HTH

Mac

·
Registered
298 Posts
to add: this is available for the N95, http://europe.nokia.com/link?cid=EDITORIAL_489122 , but on reading reviews, it states that the keyboard can not stay open, and although lots of people say this is not a problem with their GPS, my experience says it is. I have certainly lost GPS connections from closing the phone compared to not loosing any with it open.

It seems that generic bands / holders are the way to go, but I would like to hear runners who have used them and tested them, rather than mobile phone fans.

Cheers

Mac

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only used it once on a run, although several times cycling. I also found it to be flaky with the top speed, 15.8 mph seems a tad fast....

Everything else seems fine, and it's much easier than mapping out my routes on Gmap pedometer afterwards.

I find that it takes a loooong time to get the satellite signal started, but once I have it, it's fine; although I only really look at it after I've finished running/cycling.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A wrist band holder? I don't think that would be very comfortable to run with. I find my watch uncomfortable-ish whilst I run, although that might be because I rarely wear a watch any other time now.

Personally, I just put my phone in my pocket; which is fine because my trousers are too tight or so baggy that the phone is bouncing about.

Just realised, none of my shorts have pockets. Problem in warmer weather.....

You could always use a lanyard and hang it round your neck. I used to do this with an mp3 player and it didn't bounce too much (I hung it under my t-shirt).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not sure I would want something that weighty on my wrist, but maybe on my arm... not sure about the lanyard, but I may check it out as its got to be better than what is happening at the moment....I am having issues with the warm weather and lack of decent pockets, in my shorts the phone closes and looses its GPS signal... which is annoying when recording and comparing lap times! :) According to my N95, it took me 35 mins to run 0.4 miles this morning! HAHA...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good phone holder?

Hi,

I've got a 5800XM and I'd agree this program is just sort of OK. It's more fun than Nike+, though.

Anyone got a tip on a phone holder for the arm?

:A)>

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have also Nokia, but N82, yesterday i tried SportyPal, some new GPS application for keeping track of my running, it worked perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts