Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've worn Berlei Shock Absorbers for years, they're very expensive but last years! You can normally find a good range in department stores like Debenhams, but some running shops have good ranges too. Whereabouts do you live? I'll let you know your local retailer, I work as a rep for Brooks and cover the North of England and Scotland.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I vote for Shock absorbers too. They are very comfy - no chafing, and they do last. I don't know about support, as I don't need much...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of my first sports bras was a Shock absorber... didn't get on with it at all, but then it was a long time ago, maybe they've improved.

I wear the Sportjock type, which are usually fine. Very occasionally though I get some chafing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
there's a huge new range of shock absorbers recently out! Sports Jock are good bras too but not as widely available. Shock absorber do different levels of impact for support, running needs 2+, I'm a C cup and use a level 2 crop top style bra, find them more than sufficient. I do a lot of weight lifting and plyometrics and find them a really good all round sports bra. I just buy the same size as my normal bras too, which is easy!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spannerannabella said:
there's a huge new range of shock absorbers recently out! Sports Jock are good bras too but not as widely available. Shock absorber do different levels of impact for support, running needs 2+, I'm a C cup and use a level 2 crop top style bra, find them more than sufficient. I do a lot of weight lifting and plyometrics and find them a really good all round sports bra. I just buy the same size as my normal bras too, which is easy!

Thanks... maybe I'll give them another look

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ailsa said:
I quite like the M&S ones and my Enell is great!!
Which M&S ones do you wear? I work nights at M&S and get a rather nice discount :)

I also see that you're from Wokingham... I'm doing the half there on Sunday, will you be there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trinity said:
Which M&S ones do you wear? I work nights at M&S and get a rather nice discount :)

I also see that you're from Wokingham... I'm doing the half there on Sunday, will you be there?
It's the Ultrasonic underwired one...

Afraid I won't be there on Sunday....as I'm going to be in the Forest of Dean on one of the Trailplus weekends... Good luck with the race though and enjoy!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the Enell too. Very comfy. Although I still tend to wear two crop tops to really keep everything strapped firmly down! I mostly have Nike ones. Anything that doesn't rub is very good!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found that the Shockabsorbers really chafed badly. My favourite is by Odlo, you can get them from Less Bounce. They're made of such soft fabric, there's nothing on them to chafe, and yet they're really supportive, (I'm a D cup).:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shock absorbers for me, I am an E cup (unfortunately) and although you can feel a bit like you are strapped in (the vest type) they are great. I wouldn't do any exercise without one.

(Oops sorry just realised this is rather an old post):huh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Still relevant though. [email protected] having trouble finding really comfy bras. Have just moved up from aDD to a G cup. Don't know why because I haven't put any weight on. I've got M&s at the minute which is quite comfy but having underwiring is something to get used to.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Shock Absorber for me but my local Matalan does a sports bra which are great also. They are the same design ect all that is different is the material, almost as good but cheaper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get mine from lessbounce.com but it has to be the Enell. Being rather large in the chest area, I need really good support and none of the other bra are comfortable while giving that support for things like running and horse riding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been wearing the M&S high impact bras. I've found that a 32b isn't the easiest size to sho[ for at the best of times, but Marks are well stocked, offer really good support and wash well too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in a 34J one at the min and it's rubbish, but I'll be damned if I can find another past a G cup???????? Any other ideas?!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts