Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone ever had a sports massge before? I've booked in for my first one this sunday and been advised to ease off a few day prior to it as they say it will hurt more if i don't (wats pain hey i mean ease off yeah right!).

Just wondering if many people see benefits from these massages as i've had a tight calf since runner a pb in a 10K race a few weeks back. The legs fine until i start running. Hoping this will help ease the problem! 2 weeks with a drastically reduced training schedule has helped it but not cured it! :(

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
expect pain ;)

They start lightly and you start to think "hey, this isn't that bad! Maybe I'm just a lot harder than everyone else..." and then when they find any knots or tight spots Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh it hurts!

I can't say I could feel any huge benefit from it afterwards - I just felt a little bruised for the next day or so! It certainly helped the pain/tension I was suffering with in my TFL (tensor fasciae latae ). Though I'm sure I'll be going back for another at some point ;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I think they are worthwhile for sure...if only I could afford one or four now!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will let you know on Tuesday :'(
If it hurts to much lie to me i won't want to have to cancel now would i! lol! :confused:

Thanks for the replies looks like i should take a towel to cry into as i know i have loads of knots and tight spots! :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
HeHe. I expect a full report Sunday evening so I can prepare myself.

Also what do you wear? I was thinking an all in one rubber number with zips over the eyes :worried:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts

Also what do you wear? I was thinking an all in one rubber number with zips over the eyes :worried:
That would look HOT, do it do it :lol:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Actually I think that might just be the case Richard, as I went wearing normal running shorts and that seemed to be just fine.

It was a 'sports' massage you went for wasn't it ? :p

·
Registered
6,493 Posts

If you turn up like that you'll get the neighbours talking.... again ;)

loose shorts (as in not lycra) are acceptable, or normal undies. Your modesty will also be preserved with the covering of a towel :rolleyes:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That answers another question i was planning on wearing shorts wasn't a 100% sure though! Sure these people who give the massage must see all sorts of things.

Note to self must remember to wear boxers! :D

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
or in some cases a flannel :lol:;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Well had my sports massage. Your enjoy yours Hrun not painful at all (He says limping around my office :p) just a little achey today.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts