Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out training last night and it was still light at 6pm :)

Sunday long run this morning and the sun was shining!

Looks like spring is approaching at last :d About time, I am sick of training in the cold and dark.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Lovely isn't it!
Mind you I did 40 minutes this lunchtime and although the sun had his hat on it was cold enough for me to wear a hat too! Needed Oakleys up on the Downs to cut the glare!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
hammerite said:
Not forgetting the hayfever which makes my asthma worse......... :eek: :d

You don't have to suffer with hayfever...

I used to get it really bad, to the point where I wanted to rip my head off!

Then someone told me about locally made honey...

If you have a little locally made honey every day throughout the Autumn and Winter then you won't suffer with hayfever the following summer. It desensitizes the system via the pollen.

The thing is, it's a bit late now to do much about this summer but try it from the Autumn and you won't regret it in Summer 2007.

I have a little on toast every morning, but you could put it in your porridge if you prefer. Remember though, it has to be locally made.

It's great to be free from hayfever! :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Trinity said:
You don't have to suffer with hayfever...

I used to get it really bad, to the point where I wanted to rip my head off!

Then someone told me about locally made honey...

If you have a little locally made honey every day throughout the Autumn and Winter then you won't suffer with hayfever the following summer. It desensitizes the system via the pollen.

The thing is, it's a bit late now to do much about this summer but try it from the Autumn and you won't regret it in Summer 2007.

I have a little on toast every morning, but you could put it in your porridge if you prefer. Remember though, it has to be locally made.

It's great to be free from hayfever! :)
I did try that last year, but can't say I noticed any huge improvement. Perhaps I didn't start with the honey far enough in advance. Since then I struggled to get anymore local honey (plus I thought I was moving so thought that the local honey wouldn't work to wear I was moving too, which has now fell through anyway...... long story!).

·
Registered
5 Posts
well, can't help with the hayfever, but weather here has turned second day in a row where forecast is double figures couple that with a fair bit of rain and all the white stuff is vanishing quickly to be replaced by 2 inches of mud !! And I've got a poxy COLD.. not happy :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spring...my favourite time of the year, winter is gone, summer is on it's way and I can get my running shorts back out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts