Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone! First post, yay! I thought I’d make a thread just to see if anyone else has tried Springbak Springsoles? Mine came last week and I must say I’m very impressed so far! Not quite sure how long they’ll last though as I’m pretty much using them constantly now.

For all the bumph check out Springsoles.co.uk

Thats actually the store I got them from too. They arrived within 2 days so you can’t complain at that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Springsoles

I too would be interested as they seem more suited to basketball/volleyball as all the people that are using them seem to be linked to these type of sports. would they last in a running shoe? maybe they would be ok for a couple of races but how long before the compound structure starts to break down and they become hard? Please keep us informed on how you get on. Are you a competitive runner? if so, have your PB's dropped? let us know your results/times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mickey, for a heads up. They've lasted fine in my shoes, I think they'll need replacing on like a yearly basis or something.

I run about 3 times a week pretty hard and they're lasting fine. Firstly I noticed zero shin splints, even if I'd been over training myself. But although I thought it might just be in my head at the time, they do seem to kinda bounce, (it's hard to describe) and put a spring in your step. Most of my PBs came down when first using these, but they seem to have stayed down.

Anymore questions, just ask?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will they help a poorly ankle?
They do reduce the crunch of running. My knees don't get half as sore as they used too. So I guess they'd help your ankle depending what you've done to it?

Obviously you shouldn't be in training if it's dodgy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is lots about me thats dodgy:p
That made me 'lol'.

@ Hrun they do work, I personally have noticed the difference and they're used lots on the US. But yes, as I said you shouldn't be running on a bad ankle, but depending on what exactly is wrong with it they may be woth a shot?

·
Registered
119 Posts
just looked at the website.....and... it is a shock absorbing/rebound generating insole...a big cushion which is all very well but excessive cushioning like this can accelerate pronation and cause associated problems the fact that they can make all the claims they do and sell at less than £15 makes me even more suspicious

·
Registered
65 Posts
just looked at the website.....and... it is a shock absorbing/rebound generating insole...a big cushion which is all very well but excessive cushioning like this can accelerate pronation and cause associated problems the fact that they can make all the claims they do and sell at less than £15 makes me even more suspicious
Do you think we could sell them for more than that? :)

I just came across this forum from a google search and thought I should join if people are discussing springsoles here, well that plus the fact I jog around 5 miles 3 times a week.

I'm glad to see your Springbak springsoles experience has been a good one emoray!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts