Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nike Pegasus have developed a squeak over the last few months! It would appear to be coming from the front of both shoes.....has the gel leaked?...is there water in there?...has anyone else had a similar problem with the pegasus.....Do you think I need a new a pair? Look forward to your reply.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
If there's a squeak then the likelihood is that something has split... could be an air/gel pocket, could be the foam, could be where two materials join together...

How long have you had the trainers for? If it hasn't been very long I'd be inclined to chase after a refund/replacement!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shoes are some 10+months old and perhaps it is time to buy a new pair...I usually buy a new pair every 12months. It is not the first time i have developed a squeak in my running shoes and i believe the last pair was also pegasus. However I will stick with the pegasus and hope this was a one off, get myself a new pair and get training for the Bath Half. Thanks for your thoughts Richard, I do believe they are prob beyond repair/running...and it's not very advisable to run in a pair of worn or faulty shoes.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
funny that, I had a pair of Nikes years ago (about 10) that developed a squeak... I think that was a punctured air chamber.

Have you always been a Nike man runner? Since starting running I've stuck to asics (after having an asics 'tech tour' gait analysis) but next time I replace my trainers i'm determined to try out a wide range of trainers and see if another brand may suit me better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts