Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dude... I need a 13 mile route in or around abeenshire. My dad has suggested dropping me off in aboyne and me running along the road to Banchory...

Do you know of anything better?

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
From Banchory to Fettercairn or vice versa. Not to sure of actual distance but it has a good hill or two.

Squint

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hills shcmills.

I used to get driven out that way quite a lot cuz my boyf who was from banchory, had a mate in fettercairn... all I can say is that it was fairly hairy at times! Mostly because they were speeding like loonies.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Someone came a cropper there a few years ago racing over from Banchory. They were almost at the Clattering Brig coming down by the old ruin lost control and tried to fly in a pug 106. Peugeots can't fly and if I remember rightly two of the three in the car died. I use to live along at Drumtochty Glen and was out walking the dog that day and an ambulance passed me heading for Aberdeen blue lights on doing about 10 miles an hour. They were in no hurry.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
ANS it depends where in the lovely Shire is easy for you to get too. You could try the Stonehaven half route. It can be found on mapmyrun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts